Yesterday I was able to rest a little, and take a short walk in the woods... which was wonderful.
I also stayed up and watched a couple movies we had from Netflix, and so for today's post...
I thought I would share a few of the movies I've watched, and books I've read lately:
* Robot and Frank -- loved it. Odd, but interesting.. and you can't go wrong with Susan Sarandon.
* Playing for Keeps -- I'll be honest. I watched it for Dennis Quaid. But he plays such a despicable character that even he can't save this film.
* American Experience: Walt Disney -- interesting history... not sure it helped me like the Disney brothers any though.
* Damsels in Distress -- absolutely horrible.
* Reversal of Fortune -- what a weird movie, but Jeremy Irons was brilliant.
* Seven Pyschopaths -- great cast, great story. Odd, but awesome. Would definitely watch it again.
* We Thought We Heard the Angels Sing -- a dramatic historical account. Unfortunately, it reads more like a newspaper article... which is a little rough.
* The Mermaid Chair -- I loved Sue Monk Kidd's book, "The Secret Life of Bees"... but this was just tragically bad. As a friend of mine said it best when she described it as "utter rubbish."
* Steampunk Magic -- I love the whole idea of steampunk. But this is just silly.
* Leonardo's Ink Bottle -- this reminded me very much of Julia Cameron's books. Nuf said.
* James and the Giant Peach -- I read this to my kids when they were little, ant it's just as awesome now.
It's been a rough year, and sometimes it's good to step back and lose yourself a little in a good story.
See you all tomorrow.